Tuesday 9 December 2014

How to make your own Christmas decorations...


In this post I'm going to be showing you how to make your own Christmas decorations that everyone will love.
First I'm going to show you how to make Pom poms, that you can either use as decorations on your tree or something extra to add to the wrapping on your presents. 

Firstly you need to draw to circles the same size on a piece of cardboard, then draw a smaller circle inside of those circles. The bigger the outside circle the bigger the Pom poms. Cut out the circles and the ones inside!
After you have cut the circles out place the circles on top of each other ready to start wrapping the wool around them.
 

Start wrapping the wool from the inside out. Then wrap the wool all the way around until you get to the start point. Then cut the string so you're left with a small line of wool and then knot your second colour on to the first colour or don't cut the wool and just keep going round with the same colour! I would say use 3 different colours or just wrap around the same colour 3 times.

Once you have done all three colours or layers, it means that it's now time to start cutting. To cut the wool you need to get the scissors in between the two bits of cardboard and then cut all the way around .Then put another bit of wool in between the two bits of cardboard and do a tight double knot at the end so it brings all the wool together to form a circle. 
And now you have your Pom poms. 
I used them as decoration on the plain Christmas bags to make them more exciting and I'm going to start making some plain red ones for the Christmas tree. 
On my next post I'm going to show you how I have wrapped my presents by recycling objects that everyone has in there home!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment